On Dec 8, 2007 5:33 PM, Dennis Gorelik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What you describe - is set of AGI nodes.
> AGI prototype is just one of such node.
> AGI researcher doesn't have to develop all set at once. It's quite
> sufficient to develop only one AGI node. Such node will be able to
> work on single PC.

Then I'd like to quantify terminology.  What is the sum of N "AGI Nodes"
where N > 1?  Is that a community of discrete AGI, or a single multi-nodal
entity?

I don't imagine that a single node is initially much more than a narrow-AI
data miner.  The twist that separates this from any commercially available
OLAP cube processor is the infrastructure for aquiring new information from
distributed nodes.  In this sense, I imagine that the internode
communications and transaction record contains the 'complexity' (from
another recent thread) that allows interesting behaviors to emerge - if not
AGI, then at least a novelty worth pursuing.

If the node that was a PC on the internet is a CPU in a supercomputer (or a
PC in a Beowulf cluster) is it more or less a part of the whole?
Semantically I'm not sure you can say "this node is an AGI" any more than
you can say "This neuron contains the intelligence"

I do agree with you that any intelligence that is capable of
asking/answering a question can be considered a 'node' in distributed AGI.
But this high level of agreement makes many assumptions about shared
definitions of important terms.  I would like to investigate those
definitions without the typical bickering about who is right or wrong
because (imo) there are only different perspectives.  The first team to
produce AGI will not necessarily disprove that any other strategy will not
work.