Yesterday I didn't give a clear explanation of what I mean by "rules", so
here is a better try:

1.  If I see a turkey inside the microwave, I immediately draw the
conclusion that it's NOT empty.
2.  However, if I see some katchup on the inside walls of the microwave, I'd
say it's dirty but it's empty.
3.  If I see the rotating plate inside the microwave, I'd still say it's
empty 'cause the plate is part of the microwave.
etc etc

So the AGI may have a rule that sounds like:
    "if X is an object inside the microwave, and X satisfies some criteria,
then the microwave is NOT empty."

But it would be a very dumb AGI if it has this rule specifically for
microwave ovens, and then some other rules for washing machines, bottles,
book shelves, and other containers.  It would be necessary for the AGI to
have a general rule for emptiness for all containers.  So I'd say a washing
machine with a sock inside is not empty, but if it's just some lint then
it's empty.

Such a general rule for emptiness is certainly not available on the net, at
least not explicitly expressed.  One solution is to manually encode them
(perhaps with some machine assistance), which is the approach of Cyc.
Another solution is to induce them from existing texts on the web -- Ben's
suggestion.

If given a large enough corpus and a long enough learning period, Ben's
solution may work.  The key issue is how to speed up the inductive learning
of rules.

YKY