From: Pei Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: agi@v2.listbox.com
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 10:47:43 AM
Subject: Re: [agi] would anyone want to use a commonsense KB?

 Steve,

I  also  agree  with  what  you  said,  and  what  Cyc  uses  is  no  longer
pure
resolution-based  FOL.

A  purely  resolution-based  inference  engine  is  mathematically  elegant,
but  completely  impractical,  because  after  all  the  knowledge  are
transformed  into  the  clause  form  required  by  resolution,  most  of  the
semantic  information  in  the  knowledge  structure  is  gone,  and  the
result  is  "equivalent"  to  the  original  knowledge  in  truth-value  only.
It  is  hard  to  control  the  direction  of  the  inference  without  semantic
information.

Pei