On 13/03/2008, Vladimir Nesov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 8:35 AM, Linas Vepstas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > A bit of vision processing fun:
>  >
>  >  http://www.friends.hosted.pl/redrim/Reading_Test.jpg
>  >
> Interesting: is it possible to construct similar thing in audio form?

Not to spoil the fun, but the human brain is adept at recognizing
the same melody, whether its whistled, performed by an orchestra,
or sometimes even just beat out with knuckles on a door.

At the "imperceptible" level, there are catalogues of audio tricks
known to sound alike to the naive ear, and these were employed
by the designers of things like ogg, mp3, etc.

The above is one of the few that I've seen that crosses the
boundary of optical to linguistic processing.

--linas