I reckon that the shuffled words (meaningless and low probability) trigger
an internal representation that is close enough to the meaning_full_
representation to be correctly classified.
One part of this triggered internal representation is about WHAT is present,
the other part about WHERE these are present. The WHERE is a little
different from the original word, but enough to trigger it.

In a bayesian framework, this is extremely trivial, although the brain
probably does it using some physically practical heuristic implementation.

Durk