Plus, learning requires that we store a lot of hypotheses.  Let's say
1000-10000 times the real KB.

I reject this hypothesis as ludicrously incorrect.

----- Original Message ----- From: "YKY (Yan King Yin)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <agi@v2.listbox.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 4:58 PM
Subject: Re: [agi] database access fast enough?

On 4/18/08, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Yes.  RAM is *HUGE*.  Intelligence is *NOT*.
>
> Really?  I will believe that if I see more evidence... right now I'm
skeptical.

And your *opinion* has what basis?  Are you arguing that RAM isn't huge?
That's easily disprovable.  Or are you arguing that intelligence is huge?
That too is easily disprovable.  Which one do I need to knock down?

The current OpenCyc KB is ~200 Mbs (correct me if I'm wrong).

The RAM size of current high-end PCs is ~10 Gbs.

My intuition estimates that the current OpenCyc is only about 10%-40%
of a 5 year-old human intelligence.

Plus, learning requires that we store a lot of hypotheses.  Let's say
1000-10000 times the real KB.

That comes to 500Gb - 20Tb.

It seems that if we allow several years for RAM size to double a few
times, RAM may have a chance to catch up to the low end.  Obviously
not now.

YKY