Hi Derek,

    Thank you for the thoughtful response . . . .

    There are a number of things that I'm very interested in within the OpenCog
umbrella (starting with a lot of the hypergraph stuff and the optimized indexes
that Ben has always been talking about but unwilling/unable to share) even
though the core design itself isn't where I want to spend my research time.  I
*was* thinking that I'd like to give back in proportion to what I gain (which
is my normal habit in the DotNetNuke and OpenACS communities) but it seems like
that isn't going to be possible code-wise so I'll probably offer to help with
the documentation instead (since design help clearly isn't welcome either --
and the documentation doesn't exist to support it anyways ;-).

    Given the reception here, I'll probably go off and do my own thing in .NET.
 I'm more interested in doing a lot more natural language stuff anyways -- and
Novamente seems to have taken an expedient wrong turn on some of that work.

    I'll be real interested to see if OpenCog can develop the necessary
management structure and coordination to get anywhere.  Personally, I think
that a someone or two is needed to step up and be a true system architect to go
with Ben's visionary and to get some useful documentation out.  Hacking at
little pieces of the problem and then expecting the system to miraculously
self-assemble itself is exactly what Loosemore is always screaming about and
I'm afraid that the way this effort is being run will validate his concerns.

    I wonder if we should start a pool on the documentation arrival date . . .
.  :-)