To: <agi@v2.listbox.com>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 12:01 PM
Subject: Re: [agi] Ideological Interactions Need to be Studied

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 6:27 AM, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

But, why "SHOULD" there be a *simple* model that produces the same
capabilities?

What if the brain truly is a conglomeration of many complex interacting
pieces?

Because unless I know otherwise, I use simplicity-preferring prior.
Biological complexity is hardly evidence that the refined
computational model is also complex. It is very easy, as J. Rogers
noted, to scramble a simple object so that you won't ever guess that
it's simple based just on how it looks on the surface.

--
Vladimir Nesov
[EMAIL PROTECTED]