On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Richard Loosemore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But .... I have no problem with this at all! :-).  This is exactly what I
> believe, but I was arguing against a different claim!  Rogers did actually
> say that "neurons are simple" and then went on to claim that they were
> simple because (essentially) you could black-box them with something like a
> bayesian function.
>
> You stepped in and said things that implied you were defending his position,
> that is all.
>
> I certainly am not arguing that neuron functionality will probably be
> modelled much more simply, in the long run.  But that is different.

I think you misinterpreted his position also then. I certainly
interpreted it to mean something along the lines of what I've just
summarized, or even more generally that a design that is even not a
neural net can be even more efficient and simple. He is too smart to
believe in silliness you argued against.

--
Vladimir Nesov
[EMAIL PROTECTED]