To: <agi@v2.listbox.com>
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 4:34 PM
Subject: Re: [agi] Nirvana

a) pain avoidance and pleasure seeking are our primary driving forces;
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yes, but I strongly disagree with assumption one.  Pain avoidance and
pleasure are best viewed as status indicators, not goals.

Pain and pleasure [levels] might be "indicators" (or "primary action
triggers"), but I think it's ok to call "pain avoidance" and "pleasure
seeking"  "our driving forces". I cannot think of any intentional
human activity which is not somehow associated with those primary
triggers/"driving forces" and that's why I believe the assumption one
is valid.

Best,
Jiri