On Tuesday 29 July 2008 03:08:55 am Valentina Poletti wrote:
> lol.. well said richard.
> the stimuli simply invokes no signiticant response and thus our brain
> concludes that we 'don't know'. that's why it takes no effort to realize
> it. agi algorithms should be built in a similar way, rather than searching.

Unhhh.... that *IS* a kind of search.  It's a shallowly truncated
breadth-first search, but it's a search.
Compare that with the "the words right on the tip of my tongue" phenomenon.
In that case you get sufficient response that you become aware of a search
going on, and you even know that the result *should* be positive.  You just
can't find it.