> But, worse, there are mathematically well-defined entities that are
> not even enumerable or co-enumerable, and in no sense seem computable.
> Of course, any axiomatic theory of these objects *is* enumerable and
> therefore intuitively computable (but technically only computably
> enumerable). Schmidhuber's super-omegas are one example.

My contention is that the first use of the word "are" in the first sentence
of
the above is deceptive.

The whole problem with the question of whether there "are" uncomputable
entities is the ambiguity of the natural language term "is / are", IMO ...

If by

"A exists"

you  mean communicable-existence, i.e.

"It is possible to communicate A using a language composed of discrete
symbols, in a finite time"

then uncomputable numbers do not exist

If by

"A exists"

you mean

"I can take some other formal property F(X) that applies to
communicatively-existent things X, and apply it to A"

then this will often be true ... depending on the property F ...

My question to you is: how do you interpret "are" in your statement that
uncomputable entities "are"?

ben