From: Richard Loosemore [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 11:12 AM
To: agi@v2.listbox.com
Subject: [agi] Lamarck Lives!(?)

Am I right in thinking that what these people:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20026845.000-memories-may-be-stored-on
-your-dna.html

are saying is that memories can be stored as changes in the DNA inside
neurons?

If so, that would upset a few apple carts.

Would it mean that memories (including cultural adaptations) could be
passed from mother to child?

Implication for neuroscientists proposing to build a WBE (whole brain
emulation):  the resolution you need may now have to include all the DNA
in every neuron.  Any bets on when they will have the resolution to do that?

Richard Loosemore