I've actually got a pretty solid grasp on the underpinnings of this
stuff, Terren. I was agreeing with you: memory formation via gene
modification may be only endemic. Probably not all or the reproductive
cells have their nuclei written to by every, or any, given stimulus.
Yet, there are arguments from ancestral memory and morphogenic fields
and stranger things to explain.

What I see here is a blurring of the mechanisms of thought, memory,
and genetic storage, that I think is hinted at in our evolutionary
past. I could have expressed that a lot better. I apologise ;o