Evolution is not magic. You haven't addressed the substance of Matt's questions
at all. What you're suggesting is magical unless you can talk about specific
mechanisms, as Richard did last week. Richard's idea - though it is extremely
unlikely and lacks empirical evidence to support it - is technically plausible.
He proposed a logical chain of ideas, which can be supported and/or criticized,
something you need to do if you expect to be taken seriously.

There are obvious parallels here with AGI. It's very easy to succumb to magical
or pseudo-explanations of intelligence. So talk specifically and technically
about *mechanisms* (even if extremely unlikely) and you're not wasting anyone's
time.

Terren