> The model feels underspecified to me, but I'm OK with that, the ideas
> conveyed. It doesn't feel fair to insist there's no fluid dynamics
> modeled though ;-)

Yes, the next step would be to write out detailed equations for the
model.  I didn't do that in the paper because I figured that would be
a fairly empty exercise unless I also implemented some kind of simple
simulation of the model.  With this sort of thing, it's easy to write
down equations that look good, but one doesn't really know if they
make sense till one's run some simulations, done some parameter
tuning, etc.

Which seems like a quite fun exercise, but I just didn't get to it
yet... actually it would be sensible to do this together with some
nice visualization...

ben