Michael Slone wrote:
>     The default time limit for a collective action is
>
>     (a) fourteen days, if the action is not the adoption of a
>         proposal; or
>
>     (b) forever and a day, if the action is the adoption of a
>         proposal.

Suggest that you make (a) be the default, and then override this in the
rules about proposals.

>     A vote on a collective action is valid if
>     (d) the vote has not been retracted; and
>
>     (e) the number of unretracted votes submitted by that player on
>         that action is strictly less than that player's voting limit
>         on that action.

These two don't work together.  (d) only makes sense if you're applying
these conditions at (or after) the end of the voting period.  (e) needs
to be applied at the time the vote is cast.

>     Each collective action has a support index, an objection index,
>     a present index, and a voting index.

"presence index" would flow better.

>                  An action achieves quorum if the present index is
>     at least the quorum for that action.

This is out of place and ought to go in the "An action is approved
if" list.

>     The voting limit of an active player that is not lively is one
>     less than it would be if the player were lively.

This is unnecessary.  The defaults that you've set imply this already,
provided that everything else that sets VLOP refers to the default rather
than an explicit "one".

>                   A player is lively if e is active and a natural
>         person.

This definition is used in more than one rule, and so should go into a
definition rule.

>                 The adoption index of a proposal is a positive
>     integer multiple of 0.1, defaulting to 1.

Need to require a minimum AI of 1.  The effect of that is implicit in the
current rules, in the requirement that a proposal achieve a majority in
order to be adopted.  With the generalisation that a collective decision
can be approved with a minority of votes, it is necessary to make the
restriction here.

>     Any player is permitted to distribute a proposal in the Proposal
>     Pool.

While retaining the Promotor, I don't think this provision brings
sufficient benefit to be worthwhile.  I think Promotorless proposal
adoption is better handled by letting a player temporarily take over the
job of Promotor if the Promotor is tardy, which is already possible via
Timing Orders.

>     set to the current number of players plus one, other rules
>     governing quorum notwithstanding.

Stop messing about: set it to Unanimity.  Or, after "reintroduce
indices", positive infinity, since quorum is a count rather than a ratio.
The maximum objection index of Unanimity should also be positive infinity,
for the same reason.

-zefram