On Tue, 15 Jul 2008, Ian Kelly wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 2:02 PM, ais523 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 13:58 -0600, Ian Kelly wrote:
>>> Intentionally failing to perform an action is a form of dishonesty,
>>> and it should be every bit as illegal as any other lie.  Do you have a
>>> specific scenario in mind where this is not the case?
>> Goethe and I have both posted examples of such scenarios to a-d
>> recently.
>
> Links?  I haven't been following the full discussion.

Well, I pointed out a couple that happened to me here:

although (a) to be fair, I covered those attempts with various disclaimers
explaining the situation, although (b) I'm puzzled by the disclaimers issue.
If you disclaim an action (those of you who claim that action statements
can be false) wouldn't the disclaimer always cause it to fail?  You can't
have it both ways!

-Goethe