On Fri, 17 Oct 2008, comex wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 10:48 AM, ihope <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Even without that, the arguments against things spontaneously coming
>> into power like that are unbreakably strong.
>
> How strong?  Presently there are two self-consistent interpretations
> of the Nomic Wars contract-- the original Sections claim that mine has
> no effect, but mine claims that they have no effect-- with no text in
> the contract itself that would select either one over the other.
>
> (For anyone who hasn't seen it:
> http://www.nomic.net/~nomicwiki/index.php/ProblematicPrecedenceThesis
> )

I agree wholeheartedly for a standalone nomic.  But one must ask:
1.  Would Agoran custom transfer over to the contract since the
contract is binding in Agora.
2.  Since Contracts are governed more pragmatically and for equity would
this also lead to an Agoran Custom decision?
3.  Or does the "spirit of the particular contract" clearly say we
should treat it as a standalone nomic and embrace all the paradoxes
etc that leads to.

Really, subnomics and equity-style contracts are two very different
things in concept, and it's awkward to fit the assumptions of one
into another.

-G.