On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 10:38, Elliott Hird
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 6 Nov 2008, at 17:18, Elliott Hird wrote:
>
>> Here I was thinking automated systems are good because they can handle
>> knock-on effects.
>> It's why I wrote mine, after all.
>

> Worth noting: It's not even a change of policy. It's just the fixing of a
> bug that would
> have given Wooble something e could not have.
>
> If you insist, I guess I could make it calculate things in a broken way.

I don't mind recalculating a recent transaction (within the last day
or two) if its clear that there was a bug or error in implementation.
I'm opposed, however, to recalculating over two weeks of gamestate in
eight different contracts to fix an error.

In order to fix these problems, here's what we need:

1. We need a unified gamestate, and we honestly can't afford to wait
for a four-day without objection ratification process to complete. We
need to decide on something and sync things up today, then ratify
that.

2. We need to ensure that once a transaction reaches a certain age it
is not re-calculated, even if there was a bug or processing error.

3. If you realize there is a bug in your script and you re-process a
transaction with a new result, I need to know about it so I can update
my records as well.

BobTHJ