comex wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 7:22 PM, Ed Murphy <emurph...@socal.rr.com> wrote:
>> comex wrote:
>>
>>> [I've complained repeatedly about the length of time currently
>>> required to adopt proposals, which can have a significant negative
>>> effect on the game.  Since the current proposal volume really isn't
>>> all that high, I think that BlogNomic-style immediate distribution is
>>> not only feasible, but a significant improvement over what we have
>>> now, and not much extra work for the Assessor or voters.]
>>
>> It most certainly /would/ dump a lot of extra work on the Assessor,
>> if only because lots of votes would be sent in response to the authors'
>> individual ID-number-less distribution messages.
>
> Well.  The lack of ID numbers would basically force people to vote in
> replies, rather than the current situation where vote formats are
> everywhere on the map; and in most email clients, collecting all the
> replies to a given message is very easy.  So to me it seems
> essentially easier...

Hmm, I suppose I could write a new enter-votes form as "enter several
people's votes on one proposal" (or multiple proposals, if they were
distributed in one message) rather than the current "enter one person's
votes on several proposals".  (I'd still want a form because the
Assessor DB auto-calculates voting limits and F/A totals.)  The DB
wouldn't record votes mid-voting-period, but it doesn't always do that
now anyway (depends how often I process mail), and it /would/ still
record them after the fact (for various forms of trend analysis).