>>      A first-class person CAN register by sending a public message.
> No more CFJs by non-players?

From that wording, it would still be possible. They CAN register, but they do
not necessarily do so.

To eliminate non-player CFJs, we could make it something like:
     Any active player CAN register any first-class person who has sent
     a public message within (time period).

To keep them, but lessen the shenanigans, my first thought is more of a hack
than a fix:
     A first-class person CAN register by sending a public message, and
     MUST do so unless the message intends solely to (create a CFJ).

(Haven't done any looking over recently, but presumably "create a CFJ" is a bit
too ambiguous" for the ruleset)
Of course, with all of this talk about legal messages versus atomic messages,
there may be some ambiguity yet :)

-Turiski