On Tue, 2013-06-25 at 11:02 -0700, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> Had to go back and refresh my memory again!
>
> There was no official thing as concurrent, automatic trades.  I'd
> say 99% was done on a handshake deal. I personally don't have any
> memory of anyone breaking a handshake deal on purpose, and if done
> on accident then the breaker almost always tried to make it right.

It's interesting to compare that with my observations of behaviour more
recently. I've never seen anyone break a handshake deal at any period
where I've been playing personally. On the other hand, there were
several instances where people voluntarily made rules-enforced deals,
then reneged on them.

(Of course, part of the reason for this pattern may be that people would
be more likely to try to rules-enforce a deal if they felt that the
other party was untrustworthy.)

--
ais523