On Wed, 19 Jun 2013, Alex Smith wrote:
> I'm not sure how typical or atypical I am of Agoran players, but it
> seems reasonable that there are other people with similar mindsets to
> me. I know that economies with no reset buttons and lifetime
> accumulation are often considered unfair, but if an economy isn't of
> that form, players like me are unlikely to participate.

I think you would have liked that old economic system very much - taxes
were there but low (and at the discretion of officers thus subject to
election pressure) and some currencies accumulated over 2+ years without
reset.

For myself (and I think you and I have talked about this before) winning
isn't much.  What I like is having periods of time where I have a "greater
say" in building the game rules - e.g. uneven voting structures, but
ones with enough stability for planning moves.  So I like it when "winning"
confers some advantage, for example Speakership with some real powers.
It's not exactly that I like "power" per se, I just like gameplay that
includes "power dynamics" as the main prize.

Though I'm not so fond of doing it by scam, prefer if the game setup and
the intent of the game is what gets you there.  Also of course, as a
game, want to keep power turning over and temporary!

Personally, the AAA was one of the most boring periods of play for me;
just couldn't get into it and was basically "out of it" for the length
of time that went on.

-G.