On Tue, 13 Jun 2017, Aris Merchant wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:54 PM, Quazie <quazieno...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > SnuggleWand could've indeed - the CFJ is indeed in a peculiar mess, which is
> > why I recently introduced recusal, so if someone gets a case they just don't
> > wanna deal with (which happened to PuddleGleam here) then ey can recuse
> > themselves instead of holding up the judicial system.
> >
> > V.J. - It might be good to Point a Finger at TheBeaminator for eir pledge
> > breaking, as that would serve em right for breaking a pledge (I could
> > obviously do it too, but i'm having too much fun coming up with new
> > nick-names for Old Beam Boy (or Girl))
>
> Now come on, be reasonable. Whatever mistakes Cuddlebeam may have
> made, e is a new player. E is therefore entitled to a chance to figure
> out the game. If you want to point a finger at em, that's your right,
> but you can stop making fun of the person. There has to be a better
> solution than that. Maybe someone could mentor em?

It's an old tradition to blow off steam:

Calling someone a pineapple (due to genuine annoyance):
> https://faculty.washington.edu/kerim/nomic/cases/?1613

All sorts of titles for omd (in caller's arguments):
> https://faculty.washington.edu/kerim/nomic/cases/?3422

Name-calling got so bad at one point, someone tried to mousetrap people
via insults:
> https://faculty.washington.edu/kerim/nomic/cases/?1290

(we generally draw the line at outright insults, though in that last case
the line was crossed repeatedly).