On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 7:43 AM, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus
> I believe that to resolve this we should legislate that all attempts to pay
> shinies shall be interpreted as a vector with a certain point in octonion
> space and the distance from the origin along the vector to the first crossed
> lattice point, being the amount to be payed.
> ----
> Publius Scribonius Scholasticus
> p.scribonius.scholasti...@gmail.com

Why not just require that shinies may only be given in positive
integers? Or that any entity that would give shinies may not give
fractional parts of shinies, negative amounts of shinies, or zero
shinies? (both also eliminate the "i give zero shinies" problem).

Those solutions make the ruleset a little easier (read: prevents us
humanities majors from having to know what octonian space and lattice
points are).

-grok