On Thu, 20 Jul 2017, Cuddle Beam wrote:
> Then from there, start to vie for that I only need to send the information to
> whoever is affected and the officer in question (for example, if I give bob 2
> shinies, I'd only need to give hash translation to bob an the shiny-officer
> and then enjoy secrecy until the officer posts their report, which could be
> valuable in certain cases).

This would clearly fail for anything that has to be done "by announcement".
There's strong case law (many precedents, I won't summarize) that say that
an action done by announcement has to be intelligible to anyone (i.e. to
the public) based on the publicly posted info.  That's what "unambiguously
and clearly specifying" means in R478:
       Where the rules define an action that CAN be performed "by
       announcement", a person performs that action by unambiguously
       and clearly specifying the action and announcing that e performs
       it.

*IF* my trick works, it only works because of the weird phrase "publicly-made
pledge" in R2450, which doesn't include a phrase like "a person CAN make
a pledge by announcement".  This leaves it unclear as to whether the text of
the pledge need be included, or whether a public statement of "I make a pledge"
is enough to say I "made" it in public, even if some details are hidden (but
verifiable).

-G.