On Wed, 2017-08-23 at 23:06 -0700, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> I'm not seeing how Organizations are any different though?
> It cloaks things in "appropriate" changes of switches to different
> text values, but that's just amending legal codes just the same...?

It was meant to be a pragmatised but non-subjective enforcement
mechanism based on having penalties that were fixed in advance, as a
method of backing a currency. (Remember that we didn't have an economy
at the time, and contract-based currencies tend to massively inflate
due to not being backed by anything.) In other words, a "breach"
changed a number in a predictable way, and unlike SHALLs (which you
aren't supposed to violate), incurring a penalty on an Organization was
intended to be something you could do intentionally if you wished
without any ethical problems.

I'm not sure it was different enough, though.

--
ais523