On Wed, 4 Oct 2017, Alex Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 2017-10-03 at 23:54 -0700, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> > Yup.  It only pauses it for 48 hours though, so in current context
> > useless unless I keep renewing it, and it's been around a while.
>
> Is it even possible to object to the same intent twice? Rule 2124 used
> to use "objector" which is precisely defined, and still does in most
> cases. However, the new Speaker clause uses "objected" which isn't
> precisely defined, and the addition of a time limit makes it unclear
> exactly how it works. (Note that whatever objecting is, it definitely
> /isn't/ an action by announcement; it might or might not be related to
> posting an objection, which also isn't an action by announcement, but
> we normally treat an "I object" announcement as being an objection.)

I think my recent judgement of 3567 implies that "objecting" as a natural
speech act can be done multiple times, though only the first time labels you as
an "objector" (it makes the point that it's not a by-announcement action).
Same with announcing intent.  Though since it wasn't a direct question
from the CFJ statement, 3567 is likely supporting but not final word
on this.