Well, the interesting thing to me is that we don't codify (in the Rules)
that English is our official language.  We used to say that a person was
someone who was generally "capable of communicating by email in English
(including via a translation service)", but that's as close as we got.
In fact, IIRC we, at least once, specifically voted down an attempt to
make English the official language.

Now we're governed by the precedents of "if most/all of the players
understand a communication with reasonable effort, it works" while
acknowledging that, because of history, that pretty much limits us to
English.  But if we suddenly realized we all have a second language in
common, we could use that.

So if we "codify" Spivak, it's two different things to say "we're calling
Spivak a language and codifying it, thereby codifying English with Spivak
pronouns as our official language" versus codifying "if you happen to be
using English, as we mostly do, please use the Spivak version."

This becomes the difference between saying "That Japanese had a perfectly
clear and unambiguous translation using Google, therefore we allow it by
precedent" and saying "sorry, that wasn't in English, and (Spivak) English
is the official language, it doesn't matter how clear the translation is".