It helps converge game states in simple ways.  Let's say you try to do X.
Someone CFJs that you said it wrong for a dumb technical reason.  So
you want to make sure X gets done in the mean time.  If you just say
"I do X" with whatever technical thing corrected, then depending on the
CFJ outcome, it would be uncertain whether you have done X once or
twice (which might have knock on consequences if the thing is a Shiny
transfer or something).  By being able to say, "if my first attempt failed,
  I do x" is used all the time to converge game state to x having been done
once. So it's handy.