I should clarify:  I'm not trying to do away with methods, informal or
formal, that allow individuals to sell votes.  I'm just saying that -
in the specific context of a discussion on the economy - it will always
be a limited, occasional activity and not something to scale trading
economies around, and it's not surprising to me that buying votes is
a rare event.