On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 9:55 PM Jason Cobb <jason.e.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >>          Contracts CAN require or forbid actions that are defined in
> >>          other binding entities. To the extent specified by the Rules,
> >>          contracts CAN define or regulate other actions. Any actions that
> >>          meet these criteria are regulated by the contract. Any actions
> >>          that do not meet these criteria are not regulated by the contract.
> I put that "Any actions that do not meet these criteria are not
> regulated by the contract." there to explicitly invoke the override
> clause in the new Rule 2125. By the definition of "regulated", a
> contract could still forbid/require/etc. actions that it defines, even
> if it CANNOT define those actions. This clause prevents that.

Oh, I see.  I missed that "other actions" does not include "actions
that are defined in other binding entities".  This still seems a
little questionable, since "define or regulate" makes it sound like
contracts can regulate actions which they don't define (and which are
also not defined in other binding entities).  At least, I don't think
there's any scenario where it would make sense for a contract to do
that.