On Thu, 27 Jun 2019 at 04:33, Jason Cobb <jason.e.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>     Rules to the contrary notwithstanding, a binding entity CAN only
>     require or forbid an action that it does not define; it CANNOT
>     modify anything else about the action in any way.

I don't understand this part. As far as I can tell, we interpret the
Rules as defining something precisely when they talk about the
properties of the action, which I guess you could call "modifying".
E.g. R2465 permits Declaring Apathy and says it results in winning,
but doesn't say "Declaring Apathy is...".

So either modifying an action counts as defining the action, in which
case this paragraph doesn't do anything, or it doesn't, in which case
it's not clear at all that Declaring Apathy, initiating a CFJ,
resolving an Agoran decision, etc, could be permitted or limited by
the Rules.

>     The set of actions that are regulated by an entity is the entity's
>     set of regulated actions.

What does the above paragraph do? I don't see the definition used anywhere.