On 6/6/2020 7:54 PM, Aris Merchant wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 6, 2020 at 6:59 PM Publius Scribonius Scholasticus wrote:
>>> On Jun 6, 2020, at 21:51, Reuben Staley wrote:
>>>
>>> I believe it's time to discuss this year's Birthday Tournament. We can
>> either do the FRC tournament as we have done in years past, or something
>> completely different. I made a proto-Tournament for an Arcadia-style game
>> about a year ago. Don't know if the Agoran Community would be interested in
>> something like that, but it's a possibility.
>>>
>>> There's been a lot of list traffic recently, so I apologize for bringing
>> yet another thing up. If the H. Herald does not have time to coordinate a
>> Birthday Tournament, I, as the Speaker, would be fine setting things up.
>>>
>>> To the rest of the public, what do you think? What sounds fun? Let's
>> talk.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Trigon
>>
>> Thanks for the offer, but I am happy to handle it as usual. I’ve been
>> knocking around a few ideas, but I don’t have any particularly good ones
>> yet, so I’m very open to ideas. The only thought that I’ve had that I
>> thought was even worth sharing was some sort of academic tournament either
>> as a NaNoWriMo-style event for writing scholarship about Agora or as a
>> strai  competition for producing the best scholarship.
>>

>> I see that R. Lee has proposed Flabby Bird. I don’t plan to run any
>> tournament in that format because it would require significant activity
>> off-list.
>

> FRCs are always popular. I mention them because they and blitz nomic (that
> was before my time) are the only birthday tournaments that I know of that
> haven't totally flopped. It seems that Agorans like nomic, and the way to
> get them involved is to create more nomic rather than something else. We've
> done FRCs the last two years; maybe a blitz nomic?
>
> -Aris

Diplonomic (a combination of Diplomacy and nomic - backstabby!)

  • DIS: [Attn: Herald] B... Reuben Staley via agora-discussion
    • Re: DIS: [Attn: ... Rebecca via agora-discussion
    • Re: DIS: [Attn: ... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
      • Re: DIS: [At... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
      • Re: DIS: [At... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
        • Re: DIS:... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... Rebecca via agora-discussion
        • Re: DIS:... Rebecca via agora-discussion
        • Re: DIS:... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... James Cook via agora-discussion