On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 12:54 PM Aris Merchant via agora-discussion <
agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 6, 2020 at 6:59 PM Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via
> agora-discussion <agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>

> > > On Jun 6, 2020, at 21:51, Reuben Staley via agora-discussion <
> > agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > I believe it's time to discuss this year's Birthday Tournament. We can
> > either do the FRC tournament as we have done in years past, or something
> > completely different. I made a proto-Tournament for an Arcadia-style game
> > about a year ago. Don't know if the Agoran Community would be interested
> in
> > something like that, but it's a possibility.
> > >
> > > There's been a lot of list traffic recently, so I apologize for
> bringing
> > yet another thing up. If the H. Herald does not have time to coordinate a
> > Birthday Tournament, I, as the Speaker, would be fine setting things up.
> > >
> > > To the rest of the public, what do you think? What sounds fun? Let's
> > talk.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Trigon
> >
> > Thanks for the offer, but I am happy to handle it as usual. I’ve been
> > knocking around a few ideas, but I don’t have any particularly good ones
> > yet, so I’m very open to ideas. The only thought that I’ve had that I
> > thought was even worth sharing was some sort of academic tournament
> either
> > as a NaNoWriMo-style event for writing scholarship about Agora or as a
> > strai  competition for producing the best scholarship.
> >

> > I see that R. Lee has proposed Flabby Bird. I don’t plan to run any
> > tournament in that format because it would require significant activity
> > off-list.
>

> FRCs are always popular. I mention them because they and blitz nomic (that
> was before my time) are the only birthday tournaments that I know of that
> haven't totally flopped. It seems that Agorans like nomic, and the way to
> get them involved is to create more nomic rather than something else. We've
> done FRCs the last two years; maybe a blitz nomic?
>
> -Aris

original ideas are always good, surely there's something else kind of
nomic-like

--
>From R. Lee
  • DIS: [Attn: Herald] B... Reuben Staley via agora-discussion
    • Re: DIS: [Attn: ... Rebecca via agora-discussion
    • Re: DIS: [Attn: ... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
      • Re: DIS: [At... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
      • Re: DIS: [At... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
        • Re: DIS:... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... Rebecca via agora-discussion
        • Re: DIS:... Rebecca via agora-discussion
        • Re: DIS:... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... James Cook via agora-discussion
            • ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
              • ... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
                • ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
                • ... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
                • ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
                • ... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
                • ... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
                • ... Ed Strange via agora-discussion