On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 2:10 PM Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
<agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> On 6/7/2020 11:07 AM, Jason Cobb via agora-discussion wrote:
> > On 6/7/20 2:03 PM, Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion wrote:
> >> Full credit: the version I played was written and GM'd by Arkady English
> >> (e was active in a couple nomics circa 2012, haven't heard from em in a
> >> while)  I thought I had a copy of the old initial rules but can't find it,
> >> but pretty easy to re-write.
> >>
> >> It's really simple if you know Diplomacy:
> >

> > Well this sounds really fun. I guess it's time for me to learn the rules
> > of Diplomacy...
> >

> Oh those are really pretty simple too, chess-level simple or simpler (with
> some edge cases that come up as you go).  The hard part for most people to
> grasp is just how backstabby it really is, but I don't think Agorans will
> have trouble figuring that one out ;)

Reading the discussion, there seems to be significant interest in
Diplonomic and it fulfills my basic criteria for what I was looking
for, so unless anyone has strong objections, I think I will proceed
with that for this year. I also think that Rumble and an FRC-style
activity could be fun, but we've done FRC in the past, and we can
always run intra-Birthday tournaments if we want. This coming week,
I'm going to start assembling regulations based off of previous
iterations of the Birthday Tournament and other versions of
Diplonomic, but if anyone has any strong thoughts about how Diplonomic
works best (particularly, if e's played it before), now would be a
great time to share them.
  • Re: DIS: [Attn: Heral... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
  • Re: DIS: [Attn: Heral... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
    • Re: DIS: [Attn: ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
    • Re: DIS: [Attn: ... Rebecca via agora-discussion
    • Re: DIS: [Attn: ... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
      • Re: DIS: [At... James Cook via agora-discussion
        • Re: DIS:... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
            • ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
            • ... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
            • ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
            • ... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
            • ... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
            • ... Ed Strange via agora-discussion
            • ... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
            • ... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
            • ... James Cook via agora-discussion
            • ... ATMunn via agora-discussion
            • ... James Cook via agora-discussion
            • ... Alex Smith via agora-discussion