On 6/8/2020 3:37 PM, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> On 6/8/2020 3:30 PM, Aris Merchant via agora-discussion wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't think this explores enough due to the double-usage of "coin".
>>> Specifically, An Agoran Coin is the proper name for a type of currency,
>>> not the description of its physical form.
>>>
>>> In real life, the following conversation:  "Did you pay them?"  "Yes I
>>> gave them a coin."    would be ambiguous as to what was paid.  "I give you
>>> a coin - it's a peso.  I give you a second coin - it's an Agoran Coin".
>>>
>>> The machine translation clearly applies to the term as a generic coin, but
>>> doesn't clarify what kind of coin.  Furthermore, being a virtual currency,
>>> the Agoran Coin is not necessarily even "a coin" in the generic sense.
>>>
>>> (not saying your ultimate conclusion is wrong...)
>>

>> I again point to the provision resolving ambiguous currency specifications
>> in favor of the official currency of Agora.
>
> This doesn't necessarily help in this particular situation (I'll reserve
> reasons for a proto of other CFJ and leave that up to Judge Jason here,
> because the situations are slightly different and I've thought about that
> one more than this one).

Oh - sorry!  On re-read, Jason's proto finds that the subject of the
Spanish-language CFJ is the transfer of a coin, but it doesn't matter
whether it's an Agoran coin or a different type of coin for the judgement
to be TRUE.  So I was imposing thoughts about my case (where the type of
coin matters more) onto this case.