On 4/8/22 14:58, Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion wrote:
>> Huh? I don't think Cards are solved at all, and that's part of the
>> reason I find them interesting. We've solved the problem of forming
>> sets using cards from players who are active and willing to trade, but
>> there are lots of cards that players are unwilling to trade, or held by
>> inactive people, and making sets with those is much harder.
> I think the set-cashing part (so, like half the game) is nearly solved by
> the contracts - it's suppressed in-person dealing on discord noticeably,
> when a critical mass of players are just throwing things in a hopper,
> there are fewer opportunities to careful trading 1-by-1 (and the fun of
> guessing what a good deal is to different players etc).

Agreed. In the most recent Treasuror's report, all but 1 cash-in in the
last two months were 4 cards. That seems solved.
>> The consequence is that our current economy has really interesting
>> liquidity issues, and in practice players have been known to form
>> suboptimal trades because they need products more quickly than they'd
>> get them by forming a set and distributing the resulting products
>> fairly.
>>
> Both are going on, and I agree the resource-spending side of it isn't
> solved, but I've noticed that the card trading has just slowly tilted more
> towards the contracts over time.

The unsolved part in my mind is distribution. I think if you replaced
Cards with straight product rewards you'd get pretty similar play
without the contracts in-between things.

--
nix
Herald