On 5/1/23 14:28, Yachay Wayllukuq via agora-discussion wrote:
> Oh, I see now, that's very good.
>
> Hm. I wonder if there was a way to make offices significantly easier so
> that we didn't need to rely on these things or the apparent elitism that
> some offices require.

This will be case-by-case for each and every office. There's often
things we can do, like simplifying formulas, or given officers more
discretion (which is not intended to be elitism, it's intended to
streamline things because impartial processes that give everyone input
take time by definition), splitting offices into multiple parts, etc.

Ideally, I think, everything is doable with automation. In practice tho,
I'm not sure what that looks like. Managing the rules, for instance, is
pretty complex. I'm not really sure what can be done to simplify that
besides automation, or at least revision control to trace mistakes. I
don't suspect google sheets will solve that either. I guess the other
option there is literally simplifying the rules collectively so there's
less to manage.

Bots and external tools have been discussed many times, they have pros
and cons. For a bot, someone has to maintain it, and update it every
time we update the rules it interacts with (so possibly weekly). That's
maybe less work for me and you, but not less work for its maintainer.
Solutions need to be certain they're actually reducing work and not just
shuffling it around/hiding it.

--
nix
Prime Minister, Herald