why is it  1 - (area of triangle)/(area of Sq.)?
why do we need a square since what would happen is that the 4th point can be
anywhere in the space but the area of the triangle is bounded. The
probability of choosing a point outside the triangle would be 1 (bound - not
exact by reasoning as in (3)) and that would lead to a probability of 1.

If the bound reasoning is correct then we would have a probability of 1 to
get a quadrialetral when choosing random points in a plane.