Ah yes Gena. Another thing I was gonna say you forgot 1. If it's just 1 condencer you may just need a Zoom H4N Pro. Again I know it's annoying to need eyes for the screen. I remind Zoom every chance I get. Also you must remember if you do pause recording that you did that because it won't beep at you. So my best suggestion since you I think said are using a condencer and need phantum is to get even on Amazon an LS-100 of Olympus. Shame on them for discontinuing it. But this will be easyer. It talks like most Olympus recorders but for the time and date settings so get someone to set that once and forget it. The phantum like on Tascam recorders and Marantz ones is on switches. So you can shut it off or activate it on the fly unlike the zooms. The vultage you can set in the menus. I would have gotten it but for 1 it's discontinued and 2 I want to actually record in surround sound. The H6 can do just that. This is because you can hook up 6 mics to it. Yes mics 5 and 6 need externl power because the EX H6 peace doesn't spit phantum but oh wells like my nephew Jonathan says.