Georgina, if you want to use a professional phantom-powered microphone like the cad with an ios device, you might look in to something like themCentrance micport pro 2,https://centrance.com/store/MicPort-Pro-2-Mobile-Recording-Interface-p129318859 This interface works with ios devices, macs, and pc's, and will supply 48-volt phantom power to your microphone. It also has a built-in rechargeable battery so it doesn't take any battery power from your iphone or android phone.