Depends on which peace you get. But yes Gena it's true you could get something to hook to the phone. Just know though it's something else dangling off the phone. I really liked the IRig Pro Duo. But they do make an Audio interface with 1 XLR I just forget what it's called. Point being that yes the phone in of itself ain't pro. But with pro gear you can make it pro. I've used my H6 with my Iphone and made a short video clip using my 8022 phantum powered. It sounded as pro as the H6 itself. So now people are bringing up the phone are you going to be walking arround with this set up? Because again it's just more cables in the way and more stuff dangleing. I don't mind cause I'm a geek that way. I want movie audio quality audio. So it's 1 of those if I must than I must things to me. I don't know about you though. Ah there's also the fact of off loading stuff to something else. Do you use drop box or something? But yes there are ways to make the phone sound pro. Where are you Gena? I f here in the good old US of A why not give sweet water sound a call. Check out www.sweetwater.com. They can help.