Hello Hamit,

Oh I see. I might listen out to understand what is achieved by such
arrangements. I listened to a couple of reviews of the Rode NT-FS1 and I just
don’t get it. I listened hard to hear an interesting stereo image but didn’t
hear one. Yes a lovely recording and quality. But I would expect that from an
£900 mic. You have expensive taste. The most expensive mic I have in my
collection is a lewitt LTC-550 which I purchased second hand.

So as the Booth Junky closes with:

Now get yourself a mic and record something amazing.

Gena

> On 14 May 2020, at 23:45, Hamit Campos <hamitcam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Gena. The KM 140s were condencers from Newman. I say were because it looks
> like they are gone. They were $15 thousand each 1. So what neal did with them
> is put them on a stereo bar that is set up for the ORTF technique. ORTF is a
> stereo setup made up by the french radio TV office. The idea is to setup the
> mics in a way that according to the people that did the research I guess
> resembles to a cirtain extent how your ear drums are set up in your head. Or
> in this case a small head. The mics are set 6 intches apart of each other and
> the capsels are at 110 degrees. So to explain it like neal the left capsel is
> 55 degrees of the right and the right 55 of the left. So 110 over all. Now
> I've heard of people doing this at 180 degrees. But don't know if that meant
> litterally 180 of each other or the left being 90 degrees of the opposing 1.
> What ever way that meant I'd do the 180 degrees ORTF. Shame Neal didn't show
> ORTF on the H6 review. You'd need his LS-100 review or to hear a lake in ORTF
> you'd need his old mic placement podcast he did for Blind Cool Tech.
>
> On 5/14/2020 5:38 PM, Georgina Joyce wrote:
>> Hello Hamit,
>>
>> You’ll have to explain 2 KM140s in ORTF.
>>
>> Regards,
>>

>>> On 14 May 2020, at 22:27, Hamit Campos <hamitcam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> 2 KM140s in ORTF
>> Gena