>I have a program that read's from a raw midi device. In midi there
>are some simple compression.  It is assumed that if the data flow is
>correct, and the data should be interpreted as paramaters to previus
>command if it's not a new command. But when I open a raw midi stream
>I can get in to the stream without having the "previus" command. Is
>there any way to do a query or reset the stream so I can get that
>command? If it's only one midi channel sending the same type of
>command it will never get in to sync!

raw MIDI means ***RAW*** MIDI. there is no parsing, no state, no
history, no automatic reset. you just read and write a stream of
bytes.

it sounds as if you should issue a full MIDI reset sequence when you
open the device (all notes off on every channel, reset all controllers
to a default value, restore all programs to a known state, etc.)

--p