On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Peter Enderborg wrote:

> Paul Davis wrote:
>
> > >Yes! And the device that is using running status is alsa rawmidi device.
> >
> > What makes you think that? AFAIK, the raw MIDI device code does no
> > parsing of MIDI data at all ...
>
> Parsing? It sends raw midi on a stream. That stream is _from_ alsa seq.
> It is doing the bandwith optimize by it self. I do the parsing.

Ok, please, specify your problem in a more detailed way. At least, we need
to know about midi paths in your applications and what sequencer clients
are involved to help you. And yes, there could be a problem with running
status, because our converts work with it.

Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer
ALSA Project  http://www.alsa-project.org
SuSE Linux    http://www.suse.com