I have C-Media 8738 sound card built into my IWill KK-266plusR
motherboard and have just goten a Creative Inspire 5300 5.1 sourround
sound set of speakers for my Mandrake 8.1 box which uses Alsa 0.5.10.
Unfortunately when I first tried to use them I only got sound out of the
subwoofer and left front channel.  I have already done some searching
around the net and found out I have to set the number of speakers used
from 2 to 6 in the kernel config.  I have done that, rebuilt my kernel,
and installed it.  Now I get front left, subwoofer, and the rear
speakers going, but I stll can't get the front right or center channel
to output sound.  Let me note that the setup works perfectly fine in
Windows so I'm pretty sure all the wires are connected correctly from
the speakers to the machine.  Can anyone help me to get all my stuff up
and working?

Thanks,
Tom