On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Jesse Marlin wrote:
> Erik Steffl writes:
>  > On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, Jesse Marlin wrote:
>  > > I had some problems initially with 5.1, but now it works great.
>  > > I added this in /etc/modules.conf:
>  > >
>  > > # Enable SBLive 5.1 inputs and outputs
>  > > options snd-emu10k1 extin=0x3fc3 extout=0x1fff
>  >
>  >   what are these? what do they do? I don't see them in docs
>  > (kernel or alsa modules)
>
> You can find them documented in alsa-driver-0.9.x/INSTALL.  They are
> kernel module options.  Without these I had a plethora of controls
> that did nothing apparent.  With them almost all of the controls in
> alsamixer do something.

  thanks, found them in INSTALL, changed them but not much
changed - master volume (and master mute) still don't work,
live!drive (front panel) doesn't seem to work (so far I only
tested mic2/line2)m there's bunch of mysterious controls
(towards the right end) called EMU10K1 PCM Send Routing, EMU10K1
PCM Send, EMU10K1 PCM (few of each) etc.

>  > > And then run alsamixer.  The final entry in there should be "SB Live".
>  > > Mute it.  This seems counter-intuitive but it turns on 5.1.
>  >
>  >   I already did that, that particular mixer item makes it work
>  > or not, but no matter what I do I cannot control the volume
>  > level (master volume level). Can you control volume?
>
> Yes.

  using master volume? very strange. can you send me your config
files,? not sure which ones are important, I guess asound.state,
relevant parts /etc/modules.conf, maybe some toher ones?

  btw I also upgraded from rc3 to rc5, it changed the controls
in mixer a bit but still no change in function (as far as I can
tell).

  apparently some work is being done - are there some details
available?

  thanks,

        erik