Hi all,

  My thoughts on this subject are relatively straightforward and easy to
express.

  What you've described below is already available. In Windoze. There's a
reason I don't run M$'s junk, apart from its instability. I *enjoy*
learning, doing, customizing, and just playing around sometimes. This
isn't possible in M$ junk. You take it however it comes. If you don't like
choices A, B or C in a GUI, too bad, that's how somebody decided it should
be set up.

  Linux isn't terribly easy, it isn't a Windoze wannabe, and it seems to
me that anyone wanting such a "system" should feel free to use it. Linux
has far more power in it generally, and ALSA's no exception. Again, you
aren't presented with 3 choices, forget anything creative.

  As for M$'s "benchmarks", that's not a reason for screaming, it's more a
cause for laughter. The choice is there for everyone to make, as they see
fit.

  Take care,
  Steve